what size pot to buy?

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Salt Must Flow
Distiller

Re: what size pot to buy?

Post by Salt Must Flow »

utvol wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:37 am
shadylane wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:43 pm Re: what size pot to buy?

Are you looking for a toy? Or stovetop still, or something that that fits in the barn? :ewink:
If you want to learn and drink, begin with a 7ish gallon pot and bucket sized fermenters.
Ya learns more and cheaper from multiple small mistakes, than you do from big ones. :lol:
Yes, i want to learn. So the smaller sounds better. i was just thinking i needed a certain pot to make this happen but the more i look into it I like the idea of the 10 gallong igloo cooler with the false bottom. Seems like a good way to learn the ropes.
I'm not pushing this guy's YouTube channel, but you might like to see MANY all grain mashes in an Igloo cooler. This guy always uses his Igloo. He brews in a bag. Nevermind the still he uses, you can just use a basic pot still.
utvol
Novice

Re: what size pot to buy?

Post by utvol »

I'm not pushing this guy's YouTube channel, but you might like to see MANY all grain mashes in an Igloo cooler. This guy always uses his Igloo. He brews in a bag. Nevermind the still he uses, you can just use a basic pot still.
[/quote]

Thank you! I will definitely check out his videos! There is so much information out that that is not very good it is hard to weed through it all.