Just Venting

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

NZChris
Master of Distillation

Re: Just Venting

Post by NZChris »

You might think about it if your cat jumps on the towel you have over it :D
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

sadie33 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:09 pm
Salt Must Flow wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:47 am sadie33, previously you mentioned how difficult it is to carry around heavy buckets, etc... I have swiveling casters/wheels on all of my boilers, fermenters and anything heavy. You can easily make a wood base with swiveling casters to set things on and push them around very easily. Some people can't do this if they have to move them over carpeted floors so it's not a solution for everyone. Luckily I only work in my garage with a concrete floor and it's easy to move around even a 55 gal drum full. As Deplorable said, pond pumps are really handy for transferring especially with larger fermenters.
LOL, I never thought about having to carry them!! :wtf: My kitchen floor is lenolium( I know I spelt that wrong), then I have to go across the rug in kinda the dinning room, over a big bump to our hard wood floor in the living room. I could make something like that, or make my husband carry it :lolno: Though I do like to be self-sufficient. :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna try to make something like that. It might be tricky, but I could probably make it work.
If your gonna roll over carpet and bumps pneumatic tires work much nicer than solid👍
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

NZChris wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 pm You might think about it if your cat jumps on the towel you have over it :D
LOL, my cat would do that!
Hoosier Shine9
Swill Maker

Post by Hoosier Shine9 »

NZChris wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 pm You might think about it if your cat jumps on the towel you have over it :D
:lolno:
that sounds like there is a story to go with it.

How did you set that up? Mgmt has a named Covid (yes I will take credit for that name :esurprised: ) that i am not particularly fond of.
Might have to set a "trap" like that.

hs9
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Hoosier Shine9 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:41 am

How did you set that up? Mgmt has a named Covid (yes I will take credit for that name :esurprised: ) that i am not particularly fond of.

hs9
Not my story, thankfully.
viewtopic.php?p=7419855
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

NZChris wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:40 pm
Hoosier Shine9 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:41 am

hs9
Not my story, thankfully.
viewtopic.php?p=7419855
OMG..that's hilarious. I'm a lid user so no worries for me. But. I also "had" and I say had a touchy drill trigger. And Bills all molasses wash is not forgiving in momma bears kitchen. So now I'm confined to the garage for my "messy fn hobby".
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

oh my goodness! and I thought I made a mess today. (squeezed the trigger just a little too hard when mixing with the paint mixer) Luckily I was outside on the deck. Splashed all over me and the deck; that molasses does make the biggest mess! I always kick my animals (2 dogs and a cat) out of the kitchen when I still.

Oh, and I carried my 8 gal ferment of SBBs all Molasses rum by my self. :ebiggrin: I like those 8 gal buckets way better then the 6.5
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

sadie33 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:16 pm
Oh, and I carried my 8 gal ferment of SBBs all Molasses rum by my self. :ebiggrin: I like those 8 gal buckets way better then the 6.5
Cheese and rice. How much did you have in the 8 gallon bucket? It’s about all I can do to carry 6 gallons of cleared beer. All I wanna do for that matter.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

Stonecutter wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:56 pm
sadie33 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:16 pm
Cheese and rice. How much did you have in the 8 gallon bucket? It’s about all I can do to carry 6 gallons of cleared beer. All I wanna do for that matter.
I think it ends up being a little over 7 gal.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

sadie33 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:06 pm
I think it ends up being a little over 7 gal.
You need a pump :sarcasm:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine