%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

contrahead
Trainee

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by contrahead »

Words like "unpredictable", "arbitrary", "freakish", "uncertain ", "impulsive", "whimsical", and "capricious" were invented to describe the weather. Either that or women. (It is not by coincidence that most hurricanes have been named after women). Only imbeciles believe that they can accurately predict the future behavior of either one; women or weather.
c16190a7eb50bd4413c9cdc37119d4e5_32e7cde4175870959e18bb2a66888618_20-10.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg
Omnia mea mecum porto
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

and it's snowing again.
My husbands in the basement working on the chainsaws (we usually drop some trees in early spring before the leaves come.) And I am making a Bahama Mama...well, I already made it and now I'm drinking it. :thumbup: Let it snow
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sadie do you make your own rum and coconut rum for the drink?
Laredo7mm
Bootlegger

Post by Laredo7mm »

We just had 3 or 4 days in the high 70’s and low 80’s, now it is snowing again. :roll:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I can see snow this morning in the foothills around the lake we live at.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

We still have snow in our yard, It's almost gone though...Our garlic is coming up :thumbup:
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Pissed off to have +26C in March,+30C in April and then -3-5C by nights in mid-May. My poor small oak trees, ash tree, walnut tree + Amur cork tree... And it's kinda July by days, dammit.

har druckit för mycket
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Yeah, VV, two weeks ago the high was 62F, today 96. Weather, yeah? Last months rains came this week, maybe 6 inches in 2 weeks.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
VLAGAVULVIN
Distiller

Post by VLAGAVULVIN »

Have no rains for over 3 weeks now. This taiga turns into a desert: sometimes hot, sometimes cold... but always dry. The Kama river had no high water this spring at all.

har druckit för mycket
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

Bushman wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:33 pm Sadie do you make your own rum and coconut rum for the drink?
I want to. I have some white SBB all molases rum aging now. I have been doing research on how to flavor it. I have some sitting on sweetened coconut and I shake the heck out of it, but now sure how strong that will be. I have been doing some reading on flavoring with the super strong stuff.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Hail yesterday, currently 8 F with a windchill factor that makes it feel like a -1. Heavy winds yesterday not as bad today, we have a ferry crossing through the islands to Vancouver island today and in the past with the heavy winds some of the scheduled ferries were cancelled.
montanan_hippie_man
Novice

Post by montanan_hippie_man »

I got a good one... right now the temp is -15F with the wind chill we are down to -41F!!!!! good ole Flathead Valley - Montana
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

-7. 10 inches of snow onthe level so far. Nother storm coming tonight. 3 hrs plowing road in.
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Bradster68 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:54 am -7. 10 inches of snow onthe level so far. Nother storm coming tonight. 3 hrs plowing road in.
You Canadians are hard core. And I assume you are even using F degrees.

I worked in Alberta for a year. I would leave balmy Colorado at a nice 15 F or so and land in Calgary at -15 F or so. Head to hertz for my car and ask myself it was really worth it. Good people, good beer and beautiful area so I guess it as worth it, I kept going back.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

subbrew wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:51 pm
Bradster68 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:54 am -7. 10 inches of snow onthe level so far. Nother storm coming tonight. 3 hrs plowing road in.
You Canadians are hard core. And I assume you are even using F degrees.

I worked in Alberta for a year. I would leave balmy Colorado at a nice 15 F or so and land in Calgary at -15 F or so. Head to hertz for my car and ask myself it was really worth it. Good people, good beer and beautiful area so I guess it as worth it, I kept going back.
They definitely get it worse next door to us.
Thank God I don't have to work in it like some. It'll sure toughen ya up though.
The Canadian beer I mean! :D
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Currently in Victoria BC at our condo sunny and 16 F.
IMG_4231.jpeg
contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

Blonde-Car-Stuck-Girl-stuck-in-snow-with-Crossfire.jpg
Around here, even poor ski-bunnies are being forced to wear more clothes.
Omnia mea mecum porto
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Yesterday’s high 73. Tomorrow night’s low 16, 13 on Sunday. The weather gods are PISSED.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
quadra
Bootlegger

Post by quadra »

Well... it is chilly here in Central B.C. -27c but with the howling windchill it feels like -37c according to the weather alerts. Looks like winter has finally arrived. We live in an area that gets damn hot in the summer and usually see Temps in the high 30s during the heat of summer.... but we also have rattlesnakes, cactus and black widows.... so not what most people think of when they talk about Canada ;)

( -17 to -35 F for those members in the United States, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands :) )
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Yonder wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:28 pm Yesterday’s high 73. Tomorrow night’s low 16, 13 on Sunday. The weather gods are PISSED.
You must live near my neck of the woods.
I wished I knew who pissed off Mother Nature.
I'd bitch slap the hell out of them.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

quadra wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:52 pm Well... it is chilly here in Central B.C. -27c but with the howling windchill it feels like -37c according to the weather alerts. Looks like winter has finally arrived. We live in an area that gets damn hot in the summer and usually see Temps in the high 30s during the heat of summer.... but we also have rattlesnakes, cactus and black widows.... so not what most people think of when they talk about Canada ;)

( -17 to -35 F for those members in the United States, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands :) )
That is insane Quadra .
My god , by comparison , it’s like groundhog day here . 30°C ish in Summer and 20°C in winter .

Mind you ,I’ll take your cold AF and raise you Steamy and Humid As fuck …… not liking it one bit ….. bring on winter LOL

Hats off to you guys . I have know idea how you cope with such extreme temp changes .
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Yummyrum wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:33 am

Hats off to you guys . I have know idea how you cope with such extreme temp changes .
Insulated coveralls on the hook next to a light vest. Never know which you will need.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

We've reached our forecasted high for the day already of 15F and its only 9AM with 12MPH winds gusting to 20. Winds this evening forecasted to be in excess of 40 with gusts to 55-60 MPH. I'm about to head out 15 miles to the nearest gas station that sells ethanol free gasoline for the generator in case the power goes out this afternoon. If I don't go before the winds pick up, I likely won't make it there without a chainsaw.
I was out prepping for the storm this morning in long johns, fleece lined jeans, and insulated bibs, a long sleeve shirt, and hoodie under a parka, and was happy that I only had to be out there for about half an hour.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

-5 here this morning at daybreak. Wind is supposed to start later today. 40 to 50 mph. Welcome to springtime in the PNW!!

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"
"Speed & Greed have no place in this hobby"
Dancing4dan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Dancing4dan »

Check out the forecast in Edmonton….
Attachments
54B05173-433E-49D7-B567-31246066FCBA.jpeg
"What harms us is to persist in self deceit and ignorance"
Marcus Aurelius
I’m not an alcoholic! I’m a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings!
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Dancing4dan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:30 am Check out the forecast in Edmonton….
Hard no
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Dancing4dan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:30 am Check out the forecast in Edmonton….
That's hilarious 🤣
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

My wife is unhappy when we drop below 0°C here. And by "drop below", I mean maybe 3 degrees below. This last week has been cold for us because we sat at a near constant -2 to 0 for a couple of days.

I won't repeat the words she used when I told her about your forecast! :-)
"I have a potstill that smears like a fresh plowed coon on the highway" - Jimbo

A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

contrahead wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:57 pm Blonde-Car-Stuck-Girl-stuck-in-snow-with-Crossfire.jpg

Around here, even poor ski-bunnies are being forced to wear more clothes.
Bet that handles really badly.... In the snow...
Make Booze, not War!
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

That's insane cold. :shock:
Make Booze, not War!