Blackberry lilac liqueur

Sweetened spirits with various flavors

Moderator: Site Moderator

JimBob88
Novice

Blackberry lilac liqueur

Post by JimBob88 »

So a friend of mine and I were sitting around brainstorming what concoction I should make next and I suggested a blackberry “panty dropper”. She said she liked that idea but it sounded a bit basic so then she suggested we add in elderflower. Well wouldn’t you know it we missed the elderflower harvest by only a few days! But the lilacs are in full bloom and smelling fantastic. A quick roar on the old google machine shows lilacs are very much edible and actually very nice to infuse things with. Quick change of plan and my recipe is below! Still waiting on this to infuse so will update once it is done. Thoughts?

Blackberry Lilac Liqueur

- 650 grams frozen blackberries
- 750 ml TPW vodka at 45% 90 proof
- 2 large lilac flower bunches
-juice of half a lemon (optional)

Pour blackberries into jar and cover with vodka. Let sit 4-10 days until berries start to lose their colour. Pour off vodka and add sugar to cover the berries. Pull lilac flowers off stem and throw into jar with vodka. Let sit a few days. Strain out flowers and berry chunks. Add back sugar syrup from berries to taste. Add in the juice of half a lemon to help preserve colour if desired. Enjoy!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Blackberry lilac liqueur

Post by Saltbush Bill »

JimBob88 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:19 pm I suggested a blackberry “panty dropper”. She said she liked that idea
Having a friend called "she" who likes to sit around discussing the best ways to make panty dropper, can only be a good thing. :thumbup:
Please keep us in the loop and let us know how well this recipe works.
Brewfiend
Bootlegger

Post by Brewfiend »

JimBob88 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:19 pm So a friend of mine and I were sitting around brainstorming what concoction I should make next and I suggested a blackberry “panty dropper”. She said she liked that idea but it sounded a bit basic so then she suggested we add in elderflower. Well wouldn’t you know it we missed the elderflower harvest by only a few days! But the lilacs are in full bloom and smelling fantastic. A quick roar on the old google machine shows lilacs are very much edible and actually very nice to infuse things with. Quick change of plan and my recipe is below! Still waiting on this to infuse so will update once it is done. Thoughts?

Blackberry Lilac Liqueur

- 650 grams frozen blackberries
- 750 ml TPW vodka at 45% 90 proof
- 2 large lilac flower bunches
-juice of half a lemon (optional)

Pour blackberries into jar and cover with vodka. Let sit 4-10 days until berries start to lose their colour. Pour off vodka and add sugar to cover the berries. Pull lilac flowers off stem and throw into jar with vodka. Let sit a few days. Strain out flowers and berry chunks. Add back sugar syrup from berries to taste. Add in the juice of half a lemon to help preserve colour if desired. Enjoy!
I have elder flower... It actually sounds like something I would drink except I think I'll use fructose sugar. Thanks for the recipe.
JimBob88
Novice

Post by JimBob88 »

The results are in and this turned out fantastic! It is berry forward but the lilac backs it up with a beautiful floral (go figure eh?) note that pairs very well with the blackberry. The mouth feel is great, flavour is on point and it is easy drinking. Next time around I would use fresh local blackberries and add just a touch less sugar syrup as it is just a bit sweet. I also added a bit of vanilla extract which helped bump the flavours. My friend who suggested this gave it a 9.8/10 said it was one of the best liqueurs she has had so I would say it’s worth giving it a shot!