First Post Here... by New Member

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Ebay5150
Novice

First Post Here... by New Member

Post by Ebay5150 »

Hi all,
I have been wanting to do this for a very long time. Now that the kids are grown and I still have no time, I figured what the hell.

So, about a year ago I bought the cheap Vevor 10 gal still (yea I know) to give this a try. Finally last week I cooked up a wash with Coconut Palm Sugar and Maqui Berry powder with 5 gals of water to do a practice run. I figured out quickly that my dry yeast in the fridge is bad, over a year old. So I ran to the grocery store and bought the 3 pack of bread yeast and BOOM, it took off! So I plan on running this in 2 days, it will be 8 days of fermenting.

That's all for the intro, I am aware that I can ramble on for a good while. I will post questions in the appropriate threads.

Cheers!

Eric
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: First Post Here... by New Member

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome to HD forum Ebay51.
Ebay5150 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:07 pm I cooked up a wash with Coconut Palm Sugar and Maqui Berry powder with 5 gals of water to do a practice run.
One question if I may.
How do people think up these types of recipes, or where do you find them?
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome and 🍻. Your gonna learn alot here. Start reading and check out the tried and true section.
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Ebay5150
Novice

Post by Ebay5150 »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:00 pm Welcome to HD forum Ebay51.
Ebay5150 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:07 pm I cooked up a wash with Coconut Palm Sugar and Maqui Berry powder with 5 gals of water to do a practice run.
One question if I may.
How do people think up these types of recipes, or where do you find them?
I figured this question was coming :D

I work for a company that produces raw, organic superfoods from around the world. We are located near San Diego, CA. I deal with formulating and mixing different blends for smoothies, drinks, capsules and tablets. I have access to damaged and expired material, of which I am taking advantage of this for my new hobby.

The answer to your question is that I am creating my own recipes, formulation based on science.