Transitional put stills.

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Grabyourwhick
Novice

Transitional put stills.

Post by Grabyourwhick »

Okay so, I would like to find blue prints for 75- 100 gallon traditional pot still. Does it even exist and if so where could I find them?
tjsc5f
Swill Maker

Re: Transitional put stills.

Post by tjsc5f »

30gal is the max for this site.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Grabyourwhick wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:56 am Okay so, I would like to find blue prints for 75- 100 gallon traditional pot still. Does it even exist and if so where could I find them?
30 gallon boiler is the max size to be discussed here. The reason for that is this is a hobby distiller site which promotes hobby distillation and a boiler above 30 gallons has been deemed to be excessive for hobby levels of consumption. A 15g boiler is typical here and based on observations and personal experience can produce more than adequate quantity for personal consumption.

If you are commercial you can please include your DSP # in your signature and post in the appropriate areas of the site for commercial grade production.

The Rules By Which We Live (link at the bottom of every page) ->
app.php/rules#Hobby_Only

Cheers!
-jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Grabyourwhick
Novice

Post by Grabyourwhick »

30 gallon would do. Where could one find plans for something like that then?
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Grabyourwhick wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:16 am 30 gallon would do. Where could one find plans for something like that then?
A quick Google search will give you all kinds of information and printable template for building a still. Have fun and stay safe.
Grabyourwhick
Novice

Post by Grabyourwhick »

True, I've found quite a bit on Google since I've we've been talking. And I can see now why we keep to smaller stills. Something that large would be a job just in itself. Thanks for the help
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

You might like to look through this thread to see what sorts of stills and boilers people here use......there are a lot of different ways you can go in building a Pot.
viewtopic.php?t=66917
or here
viewforum.php?f=50