Lets get carried away with fruity goodness

Discussions of fruits, veggies and grains other then just mashing

Moderator: Site Moderator

PDBRadley
Novice

Re: Lets get carried away with fruity goodness

Post by PDBRadley »

Thanks Cranky, Normandie and Stillanoob for your input and direction. It's much appreciated. :thumbup:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Well...

Mrs Cranky had something important to do first thing this morning so she left me alone to take the dog to day care in the truck :roll:

On the way back for some reason the truck mysteriously pulled left, then right then right again and somehow I found myself sitting in front of the small green apple tree :problem: So I figured the truck must want me to pick some more and I want to keep the truck happy so I picked everything that was left on the small green and the 2 or 3 left on the Roma.

That amounted to only half a bucket so the truck still wasn't satisfied :?

The next think I knew I was sitting half a block away next to the Black :think: With the black being so time consuming to pick I had given up on it some time ago but I wanted to make the truck happy so I gave it my all and picked what I could. This amounted to another half bucket of blacks giving one full bucket between the two of them.

This seemed to make the truck happy because we just drove right past the front yard tree...although I did look and I could potentially get at least a few more buckets off of it but this one was enough for now. Mainly because there were a lot of cars in front of the house, more than usual, so I think they must have guests and I didn't want to make the dogs bark and wake everybody up.

Running bucket total so far is 55 with 7 now in the back of the truck.

Now I need to go finish making a sleigh for the dog to pull :wave:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Just think Cranky if you lived in Norway you wouldn’t have to work so hard.
[attachment=0]IMG_1939.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_1939.jpeg
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bushman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 pm Just think Cranky if you lived in Norway you wouldn’t have to work so hard.
IMG_1938.jpeg
I can't see that image :(
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

cranky wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 pm
Bushman wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 pm Just think Cranky if you lived in Norway you wouldn’t have to work so hard.
IMG_1938.jpeg
tried to fix it. Did everything I usually do but image text appears with image??
Also this is not a National thing but many people do it.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bushman wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:38 am
cranky wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 pm
IMG_1938.jpeg
tried to fix it. Did everything I usually do but image text appears with image??
Also this is not a National thing but many people do it.
That's a very nice thing to do. I've actually occasionally seen someone put out bags or buckets of apples locally with signs saying "free apples" but it isn't very frequently. Most people just let them drop.

The guy with the Romas actually told me I could pick whatever I wanted "but they are all wormy". In reality only about 2/3rds of the Romas were wormy and although they were scabby the small greens had very few worms.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Just realized as I was making a wine reduction to put on a pot roast. All these years I have just been adding brandy backset to my pot roast.