New Distiller!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

jacobacro
Novice

New Distiller!

Post by jacobacro »

Hello

My name is Jacob and I am interested in learning how to distill. I started by first making beer, then mead, and then absinthe. The absinthe was the first time I ever distilled anything. I bought a 5 gallon still from Amazon. It mostly worked but the absinthe does not taste as good as I had hoped so I want to ask questions in the absinthe forum. I wanted to say hi in here first and I read the intro material. I hope to try many other distilling projects. Thanks for having me.
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New Distiller!

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Welcome to HD Jacob, many are the beginners that are not happy with their first efforts. It is a big part of the whole hobby, learning, improving then learning some more. .it makes it all the more rewarding when you make something that you are happy with. Enjoy the journey. OMD
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome and 🍻. Hang around here and I guarantee you'll be happy with future endeavors.i still have a jar of my original corn sugar experience. Which I thought was a mash😂. Boy have I learned alot.
Making some really satisfying spirits now.
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Bolverk
Trainee

Post by Bolverk »

Welcome aboard
There are two types of people in this world.
1. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

Hello and welcome!! I am still new (2nd season) and I can't believe the difference in the product from last year to this year. Granted I started off with a Vevor and I did upgrade to a MileHigh 8 gal. BUT, the rum I made with that Vevor, after 10 months on oak is soooo good. And that was with crappy food grade molasses. I can't wait too see the difference with the new still and I ended up buying some Golden Barrel.

Practice makes perfect and you have to throw some time in there too for aging. Enjoy the ride.