creating an Avatar

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
Copperhead road
Distiller
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm
Location: Brisvegas downunder OZ

creating an Avatar

Post by Copperhead road »

Hi folks

i have joined another forum and i want to use my same avatar picture (The wizard of Oz tin man)

i used to know how to do it but cant remember how...

I need to reduce the megapixels and size.

Does anyone know what is the best app to do this ?????
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
User avatar
Corn Cracker
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:25 am
Location: s.e. Texas

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Corn Cracker »

Months back there was a conversation about avatars and pixels i was able to get mine done from it, I'll try find it rq
I think I'll go home and fire up my still, it might not make me feel better but, I bet it will
User avatar
Corn Cracker
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:25 am
Location: s.e. Texas

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Corn Cracker »

I looked back through the past year and didn't notice it, it was just a few months ago
I think I'll go home and fire up my still, it might not make me feel better but, I bet it will
User avatar
Salt Must Flow
Master of Distillation
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:06 pm
Location: Wuhan China (Novel Coronavirus Laboratory)

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Salt Must Flow »

Are you using a PC or a phone/mobile device? What pixel size to you need it to be? Your avatar here appears to be 79x65.

It's been a while since I've had to do this, but usually anything that will reduce the overall size tends to get the image in the acceptable range that's required.
User avatar
Copperhead road
Distiller
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm
Location: Brisvegas downunder OZ

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Copperhead road »

Salt Must Flow wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:20 am Are you using a PC or a phone/mobile device? What pixel size to you need it to be? Your avatar here appears to be 79x65.

It's been a while since I've had to do this, but usually anything that will reduce the overall size tends to get the image in the acceptable range that's required.
i can use my laptop or phone. i have downloaded a couple of apps to my phone, but still no joy...

for the life of me i can not remember how i used to do it.
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
User avatar
BigSwede
Trainee
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by BigSwede »

What size do you need? 79 X 65 is pretty small, and the file is only 12.3 KB. Regular PAINT.EXE let's you resize. How small does it need to be?

Here it is 70 pixels wide
copper.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Yummyrum
Global moderator
Posts: 10447
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:23 am
Location: Fraser Coast QLD Aussie

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Yummyrum »

I thought Scary was going to sort you out Copper
User avatar
Copperhead road
Distiller
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm
Location: Brisvegas downunder OZ

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Copperhead road »

Yummyrum wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:58 pm I thought Scary was going to sort you out Copper
Yes he has yummy, i wanted the same Avatar i use on Aussie Distiller... :thumbup:

for certain reasons i could not use my handle, folks will jerry on its me with the tin man Avatar.

I put the same post here, thinking its the biggest distilling forum on the planet.
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
User avatar
Copperhead road
Distiller
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm
Location: Brisvegas downunder OZ

Re: creating an Avatar

Post by Copperhead road »

BigSwede wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:34 pm What size do you need? 79 X 65 is pretty small, and the file is only 12.3 KB. Regular PAINT.EXE let's you resize. How small does it need to be?

Here it is 70 pixels wide

copper.jpg
Thanx Swede i appreciate it, ironically a forum Mod i know made one for me also. :ebiggrin:
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
Post Reply