The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HDNB
Site Mod

Re: The liar's bench

Post by HDNB »

shadylane wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:37 pm
thecroweater wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:32 am
That's life for ya things come at ya and knock everything all sygoglin.
I never heard the word "sygoglin" before, thought it must be an Auzzy slang word.
So, I had to looked it up. Damned if it wasn't a real word, like cattywompus or wopperjawed. :lol:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... =Sigogglin
OK Crow, you got some 'splainin' to do...what's an aussie doin' culturally appropriating slang from the applachians? is that a localism in your locale?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

I get razzed by croweater!? Score!
Now here in the state’s elevator guys can be the biggest tin gods on site and unfortunately the reputation precedes us. Though, it’s funny how those same subbies cry a river when I shut the elevator down and they got to walk the stairs all day. All part of the fun right. :twisted:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Stonecutter wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:49 pm I get razzed by croweater!? Score!
Now here in the state’s elevator guys can be the biggest tin gods on site and unfortunately the reputation precedes us. Though, it’s funny how those same subbies cry a river when I shut the elevator down and they got to walk the stairs all day. All part of the fun right. :twisted:
Suddenly, I want ta be your best friend! :thumbup:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Wyododge
Bootlegger

Post by Wyododge »

Hey all. Been a while, ya’ll know how life gets especially in the summer. I’m not sure which is worse, an angry wife or a broken fence and hungry cows. Speaking of, I got a pm Asking how the wife was doing. Figured I’d better post up to let ya know she did heal up. Your prayers and thoughts came through. Was a rough week but she’s much better. My neighbor is a doc and he got her some muscle relaxers and that got her to sleep and me below 210/140. Getting things together to get the shed workin. Hoping to have things up and running in the next month or so. I’m sure I’ll be pestering soon.

Can’t thank y’all enough for all the posts on here. Does an old codger good to read real words with real humor. Kinda like sittin at the counter having a cup of joe after settin water.

Thanks in advance and god bless.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

thecroweater wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:32 pm If I'm explaining what I got left to do it's because I don't want to see that whining face when I say not sure bud but soon as I can be :lol: all part of the fun of dealing with tin gods and entitled subbies :moresarcasm:
Yonder wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:19 pm Suddenly, I want ta be your best friend! :thumbup:
Thing of it is. I enjoy seeing that whining face of utter disappointment. I almost wish they’d cry a little. It would make my day a whole hell of a lot funner. :lol:

Doc says it’s some kind of “projection” an outward manifestation of my own insecurities, or some such horse shit. :moresarcasm:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Wyododge wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:20 pm Hey all. Been a while, ya’ll know how life gets especially in the summer. I’m not sure which is worse, an angry wife or a broken fence and hungry cows. Speaking of, I got a pm Asking how the wife was doing. Figured I’d better post up to let ya know she did heal up. Your prayers and thoughts came through. Was a rough week but she’s much better. My neighbor is a doc and he got her some muscle relaxers and that got her to sleep and me below 210/140. Getting things together to get the shed workin. Hoping to have things up and running in the next month or so. I’m sure I’ll be pestering soon.

Can’t thank y’all enough for all the posts on here. Does an old codger good to read real words with real humor. Kinda like sittin at the counter having a cup of joe after settin water.

Thanks in advance and god bless.
That’s a nice bit of good news this morning Wyododge. Always good to hear. :thumbup:
-Thomas Paine
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Damn bench is dusty. Looks like i gonna get another title in life.
Attachments
9EC461F6-15DC-42A1-B6FA-C852239F54E8.jpeg
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Ha, I knew you were getting old. Congrats friend.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

jedneck wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:21 pm Damn bench is dusty. Looks like i gonna get another title in life.
Nice Jed .Not sure with all you eat how the heck you fit into that suit …. Maybe its all that cycling . :ebiggrin: …. And by goodness , I should be upping my Karate , ‘cause I ain’t got a shit show of fitting in it . :ewink:

Anyhows , congrats Grandpa . …. Know just what you’re feeling . Just reached that point in life myself last week .
B7A82284-8ADE-4616-8B5F-3B2E5ED1785C.jpeg
EricTheRed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by EricTheRed »

Congrats Yummyrum - i have the pleasure (tic) of 4 grandchildren - 2.5, 5.5, 11 & 12 - and they all live with me and the missus! (and my oldest son, and youngest daughter)
Can be fun, at times, and can be tedious to infuriating.
60+ people are not designed for 2 year old temper tantrums! :D
My fekking eyes are bleeding! Installed BS Filters - better! :D
Life has gotten interesting!
Hoosier Shine9
Swill Maker

Post by Hoosier Shine9 »

EricTheRed wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:28 am Congrats Yummyrum - i have the pleasure (tic) of 4 grandchildren - 2.5, 5.5, 11 & 12 - and they all live with me and the missus! (and my oldest son, and youngest daughter)
Can be fun, at times, and can be tedious to infuriating.
60+ people are not designed for 2 year old temper tantrums! :D
Some of us 60+ throw tantrums like 2 year olds....... :oops:
The wife told me last night we are going to have 4 of the Grand kids (7,12,13&16) for the weekend. the 18 month & 3 year old are staying home.

I have BW-TPW & UJSSM ready to run..... I will be hiding & doing runs this weekend.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

For a minute I thought 60+ was about the NUMBER of people!!
Would have been a massive household.

Just a senior moment on my part I guess.

Geoff
The Baker
EricTheRed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by EricTheRed »

The Baker wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:45 pm For a minute I thought 60+ was about the NUMBER of people!!

Geoff
I would have run away? ;D
My fekking eyes are bleeding! Installed BS Filters - better! :D
Life has gotten interesting!
Hoosier Shine9
Swill Maker

Post by Hoosier Shine9 »

The Baker wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:45 pm For a minute I thought 60+ was about the NUMBER of people!!

Geoff
LOL
my Brother called that.... CRS (Can't Remember S***)
sometimes 6 grand-kids can seem like 60+ people.
CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

Hoosier Shine9 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:22 am

Geoff
LOL
my Brother called that.... CRS (Can't Remember S***)
sometimes 6 grand-kids can seem like 60+ people.
We call if Craft's disease

Can't remember a f****ng thing
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

The king liar that created this forum has left the building. I am sorry to say that my friend, and yours, Truckinbutch has passed today September 17, 2022. I assure you he is enjoying a bench among friends this evening. We both joined the group about the same time and bonded within these halls. He and Mrs. Visited me and mine and some of you and yours. He was a unique individual and I will sit here now and carve his name in this bench in large, deep letters. Tonight I toast our friend and Liar Bench founder Jim Truckinbutch!
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

ga flatwoods wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:21 pm The king liar that created this forum has left the building. I am sorry to say that my friend, and yours, Truckinbutch has passed today September 17, 2022. I assure you he is enjoying a bench among friends this evening. We both joined the group about the same time and bonded within these halls. He and Mrs. Visited me and mine and some of you and yours. He was a unique individual and I will sit here now and carve his name in this bench in large, deep letters. Tonight I toast our friend and Liar Bench founder Jim Truckinbutch!
GA Flatwoods
Hear, hear. RIP with the angels.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Truckinbutch wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:02 pm We so miss you and Sue , too , my friend . It was great times when you stayed at our house . I was impressed with how many great folks here atHD stepped up to make your visit the besst it could be . Would love to have you back .
TB
Kills me to re-read this and know we will never meet again in this world. Our trip to America all started with me joking around about coming to Butch's meet up :(
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

What a punch in the guts to get the news about TruckinButch. His humor, generosity, and hospitality will be remembered and appreciated for at least the rest of my days. Cheers to the man who established this here bench to visit, whether the day be bright or sad.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

Raised a glass to him this evening. I'll just leave this bottle here... in case
"I have a potstill that smears like a fresh plowed coon on the highway" - Jimbo

A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers
CoogeeBoy
Rumrunner

Post by CoogeeBoy »

Sad to see the oldtimers go. A toast to TruckingButch from Coogee.
Taking a break while I get a new still completed....
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

So sad to hear of Butch's passing. I so wish that I would have had the chance to meet him face to face. I believe he was a person that would always have your back and help any way that he could. I know he always had mine here on the forum. His sense of humor and wonderful tales would always bring a smile to my face. He reminded me so much of my own father, direct and to the point. He will be sorely missed.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

A cut from Butch’s obituary
Butch had been employed as a truck driver and was a former coal miner. Butch had a variety of hobbies. He enjoyed woodworking, knife making, metal detecting and shine making. He always enjoyed working on his farm and lately had taken up the hobby of curing and smoking various Italian meats.

I considered butch a good friend and had the pleasure of meeting him in person and shared many a phone visits with him. The last time I talked to him was 3ish weeks ago and looking back I believe he knew his time was limited on this shitty world we are in.

I believe I have a bottle of his kahlua in the cabinet and next time us benchpolishers get together we will pass it around in his memory
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Damn, we lost a good one. Wish I could have burned my name into that bench one more time.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I’ll miss him greatly, some people come into your life and you just say meh, Truckingbutch was not one of those. I enjoyed meeting him personally and enjoyed talking on the phone with him. REST IN PEACE BUTCH!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Last I heard butch an that monkey swung by to pick up Elvis at his cricket farm but he won't there. So they stop in at the Dew drop inn. They got into it with a ole boy and his comfort chicken. They still tryin to get all the feathers up. That monkey ain't much for feathers. So if you ever see any feathers about . You just missed em.
So I'm tole

He come up with this place for a reason an it dam sure won't for the rubble of reality.
Just my opinion
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

That sounds like just the kind of trouble Butch'd be gettin into, plus that damn monkey is a wild card at best
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

DSM Loki wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:36 pm That sounds like just the kind of trouble Butch'd be gettin into, plus that damn monkey is a wild card at best
Monkey business.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Didn't know whether to post here or if we should retire this with Butch gone. Certainly wish I could have met him but with my limited knowledge of him I think he would have liked this to continue.

Not sitting on any benches around here. Freeze something important off if you tried. But definitely having a sip. With the cold weather I have been doing some hot toddies, some orange peel, cinnamon, bit of honey, double shot of honey bear sugar head and fill the cup with hot water.

Anyhow, wishing all you bench warmers a Merry Christmas. Hope you all get some time to spend with friends and family. Our world has been too split to with politics and division, we need to step back and realize what makes happiness and community, friends and family being a big part of that.

Myself, spending Christmas at home with my lovely wife and daughter and then heading to the family farm to see my father and with a bit of luck get a deer to put on the freezer. Always a nice unplug since my father refuses to indulge in that internet BS.

Stay warm, or cool for all you southern hemisphere folks, and bless you all.
Almtngoat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Almtngoat »

Been a couple years since I visited the bench, glad to see it's still here, memories are the foundation of dreams still to be had, Merry Christmas :D
Life's too short to not give it all you have, live, learn and drink whiskey!