Hijack my thread

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Hijack my thread

Post by Truckinbutch »

cranky wrote:
jb-texshine wrote: Cranky,who makes barrels out of cherry wood? I want a 5 gallon. I wish you well trying to make one though, I suspect that the videos of people making one only look easy because the person in the video has done it for half their life.
This is one of them, at least it says the barrel is made from cherry wood.
http://www.barrel-shop.com/oakbarrels/d ... arrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
When I was searching the other day I found a few more but can't seem to find any of them right now. I suspect the barrel makers make it look far easier than it is for someone like me but I think it might be a fun project to try to make if I ever get some free time :roll: I might think about making apple press parts out of that wood as well. When the weather dries up I will probably rough cut those logs and get them where they can dry and see how it goes, I have kind of formulated a basic idea in my head and hopefully I can make that happen.
Trust me , Cranky. You can make a barrel from raw materials . But , you aren't going to have a damned bit of fun . Start out by making yourself a barrel windlass . You will also need a croze , draw knife , steam cabinet , and a scorp . Some blacksmithing talents are also handy . Reading lumber grain is also a needed skill .
Don't ask me how I know all these things .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Truckinbutch wrote:
cranky wrote:
jb-texshine wrote: Cranky,who makes barrels out of cherry wood? I want a 5 gallon. I wish you well trying to make one though, I suspect that the videos of people making one only look easy because the person in the video has done it for half their life.
This is one of them, at least it says the barrel is made from cherry wood.
http://www.barrel-shop.com/oakbarrels/d ... arrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
When I was searching the other day I found a few more but can't seem to find any of them right now. I suspect the barrel makers make it look far easier than it is for someone like me but I think it might be a fun project to try to make if I ever get some free time :roll: I might think about making apple press parts out of that wood as well. When the weather dries up I will probably rough cut those logs and get them where they can dry and see how it goes, I have kind of formulated a basic idea in my head and hopefully I can make that happen.
Trust me , Cranky. You can make a barrel from raw materials . But , you aren't going to have a damned bit of fun . Start out by making yourself a barrel windlass . You will also need a croze , draw knife , steam cabinet , and a scorp . Some blacksmithing talents are also handy . Reading lumber grain is also a needed skill .
Don't ask me how I know all these things .
I figure I can figure out something to use for most of those things and worse come to worse it just winds up in the smoker. It's probably just another one of those goofy ideas that may never happen but it's fun to think about and maybe some day I will actually do something about it :D
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

:lol: If you do successfully make a barrel , Cranky , you will hold coopers in the highest respect . I did and I do .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
hamshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hamshine »

If anyone cares Im back.... BTW weddin likker was a success backyard is finaly melted time to make some hooch.
ETOH.... yes plz
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

hamshine wrote:If anyone cares Im back.... BTW weddin likker was a success backyard is finaly melted time to make some hooch.
I care :ebiggrin: and welcome back :wave:
hamshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hamshine »

cranky wrote:
hamshine wrote:If anyone cares Im back.... BTW weddin likker was a success backyard is finaly melted time to make some hooch.
Thanks Cranky! :thumbup:
ETOH.... yes plz
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

hamshine wrote:
cranky wrote:
Me too,welcome back.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

jb-texshine wrote:
hamshine wrote:
cranky wrote:
Me too,welcome back.
me three. always like reading your posts. you can hijack the schlock i post anytime you want.

cheers!

BTW, since you are in the same state, you'll have to take a road trip and tell us what became of the OP. he has all but disappeared from the entire interwebbie.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
hamshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hamshine »

I know Ill just have to go to pagosa and cruse around till i smell smokey corn likker.....
ETOH.... yes plz
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Wasn't shed having heart troubles before he got banned?
Be a dann shame if he was banned for bad service delivering enzymes if he couldn't deliver the orders due to heart attack...

Deo Vendice

contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

15886.jpg
Omnia mea mecum porto
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I would like to know what became of Woodshed, I know after the stroke he seemed to be having some brain related issues I think were caused by the stroke. I was actually wanting to get ahold of some of that organic corn he found so I could give bourbon a try.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I'm drinking Odin's gin and hijacking.
Tell me you guys and gals -after all your distillations..
..don't get at least a simple thrill when those enzymes bust up that clod in the bottom of the fermenter and it starts stirring like thin noodle soup.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

The thrill is real!
Puppymonkeybaby

Deo Vendice

fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

You had me for a second, jb...
Hijacking on your own, I see.
bbbb.jpg
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Always!

Deo Vendice

MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

I've never hijacked a thread before... But I really enjoy the harmonious relationship forum members have here...
Attachments
dyfunction.jpg
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Naa, nobody gets hurt unless you mention cats then all Bets are off.
Personally,I love them...
Roof rabbit stew:
Two potatoes cubed
Three carrots sliced
One medium onion chopped
One tomato chopped
One medium roof rabbit

Boil and debone roof rabbit and add meat back to stock
Add veggies and cook till potatoes are done.
Salt and pepper to taste
:moresarcasm: :moresarcasm: :moresarcasm: :moresarcasm: :moresarcasm: :moresarcasm:

Deo Vendice

Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

fucking hate cats.
yeah they are all cute and cuddly when they want something off you but will eat your face off given half a chance.
and they shit all over your garden.
and raise their kittens in your shed and piss all over your stuff.
fucking cats
Don't be a dick
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I've argued that the Pink Floyd song Dogs should've been named Cats for its derisive theme.
Cats are ungrateful opportunistic cantankerous untrustworthy self-indulgent moody inflexible little pricks.
And they make you look at their balls.
bbb.jpg
bbb.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

Geeeze guys, have mercy. There are 3 words you never mention in my house, 1) CAT, 2) SQUIRREL, 3)RABBIT.
Even displaying and/or posting an image is forbidden.
My dog came in while I was reading the last post, took one look at the cat displaying his balls, and started running uncontrolably around the house, jumping on furnature, knocking things over, barking at the windows and doors.Hell I had to let him out for some relief...
Attachments
pittbull.jpg
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

now thats a pet, a good companion and also makes you look good by comparison
Don't be a dick
MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

Swedish Pride wrote:now thats a pet, a good companion and also makes you look good by comparison
Thanks so much. That's what my wife says... You can flirt with her if you want...
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Squirrel!!!!

Deo Vendice

MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

True story here, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent...
Some friends invited me over to a cook out. We were sittin' outside drinkin' beer and whiskey, playing music and having a good time.
When I noticed they had a lot of cats, like a dozen or more, all runnin' around everywhere. I thought to myself, man that alot of cats.
So were goin' along gettin' primed, when i notice in the far corner of the yard there's rabbits runnin' around muchin on dandlions and stuff.
I said hey Ted, what do you get when you cross a cat and a rabbit. He looked at me with a straight face and said "Pussy Hare".I said you redneck hillbilly perv... and we all laughed for an hour...
Attachments
Catrabbit.jpg
MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

jb-texshine wrote:Squirrel!!!!
Acckh... there goes that dog again...
Attachments
foghorn.jpg
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Just to stir a bit and say hi...

Anything that enjoys eating cat crap is automatically suspect. Seriously. :think:

tp
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

T-Pee wrote:Just to stir a bit and say hi...

Anything that enjoys eating cat crap is automatically suspect. Seriously. :think:

tp
the instant they are done with the kitty litter snacks, or licking their ass or in the case of

male dogs all those parts they run to their owner and lick their face like they are best friends
be water my friend
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Mine don't lick faces. It's quite gross,I agree.
Personally I don't have anything against cats. I've had several fine barn cats that killed snakes for me. I am however allergic to them so they were exactly that,barn cats.

Have y'all seen the new jeep wrangled pickup truck that's supposedly coming out in 2019?
I think I NEED one...

Deo Vendice

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

I think I broke my right foot. Years ago I crushed it under a log breaking 11 bones, well this feels the same. All I noticed was a bold blister the size of a pimple or so on the side of my foot and it hurt. Tried popping it to relieve the pressure but it hurt too much. After a week it was still there and I could feel something hard under it and my foot hurt about an inch around it. Finally popped it and another week has passed, foot was getting better but I stepped on the stairs funny and twisted my foot. Heard a crack or pop and all the pain came back. Now, if I twist my foot with my hands it’s very painful, pull back on my toes and pain goes away mostly. Same feeling as when I had busted tiny bones in my foot years ago. Wait, just realized (by the big lump and deformity it was my left foot I broke before, regardless, my right foot hurts.
If I was sober it would really hurt, in fact if I wasn’t such a he-man I would of cried! :esurprised:

Went through 2 1/2 gallons of neutral over the holidays, I fricken love Caesar’s! I use vegetable juice instead of Clamato so it’s like really healthy too!

Kids working at a chicken factory and brought home a 20kg box of miscuts for $10.

Sorry...are you supposed to hijack a thread with one topic or ramble on about numerous and see what sticks?

Had two turkeys and a huge ham over the holidays too.

Gotta go get another drink, back in a bit.
Holy crap, just noticed it’s 12:05! Ok, one more then I gotta go to bed. Gotta get up a 6, blah...

Stupid autocorrect, blood blister not bold blister, well I’m not going through it all now, need a drink.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!