Just Post a Pick of your Rig

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Alzahra888
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Just Post a Pick of your Rig

Post by Alzahra888 »

vinegar run with yet used column.
Attachments
IMG_3794.jpeg
Green, … reading machine
Anything started is already half done.
Training with the best. Sitting at their feet. I hate the word the best and don't use it, but they’re there doing what they do, nobly, to be sure.
Alzahra888
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Alzahra888 »

But alas it has a leak so back to solder for the third time
Attachments
IMG_3799.jpeg
Green, … reading machine
Training with the best. Sitting at their feet. I hate the word the best and don't use it, but they’re there doing what they do, nobly, to be sure.
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

Definitely leaking from the soldered joint?
Make Booze, not War!
Alzahra888
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Alzahra888 »

MooseMan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:48 am Definitely leaking from the soldered joint?
Almost positive. It was not easy to make a good seal between ss triclamp ferrule and copper pipe. But i’m inspecting possibility that the keg itself leaks instead/too but how often does that happen. EDIT: Ive run it over fifteen times on potstill configuration so unless i damaged it.
Green, … reading machine
Alzahra888
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Alzahra888 »

And until i tweak the RC ive had to remove it and cap mid run-like. Its got a finger on the bottom loop i havent managed to pull up through the outer coil enough so it sticks out. Ive tried scrubbies but it still needs adjustment. EDIT: as others will know what i only now learned, vinegar is not alcohol and so in the sacrificial run after touching up the solder and rerunning vinegar, again, the RC fairly easily handles reflux when down and product flow when lifted up so the hassle of capping is gone.
Attachments
IMG_3801.jpeg
Green, … reading machine
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

Alzahra888 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:06 pm
MooseMan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:48 am Definitely leaking from the soldered joint?
Almost positive. It was not easy to make a good seal between ss triclamp ferrule and copper pipe. But i’m inspecting possibility that the keg itself leaks instead/too but how often does that happen. EDIT: Ive run it over fifteen times on potstill configuration so unless i damaged it.
If the gap between the two is too big, you could try slipping in some copper pipe thats been split, to fill the gap.
Or beat some copper wire flat with a hammer and slip that in the gap, then solder, there's always a way.
Make Booze, not War!
Alzahra888
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Alzahra888 »

Finally got the pc going
Attachments
IMG_4104.jpeg
Green, … reading machine
Salt Must Flow
Distiller

Post by Salt Must Flow »

Alzahra888 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:22 am Finally got the pc going
Nice Liebig condenser :thumbup: I see you have some extra Tri-Clamp spools. If you used some of them to make a taller riser, you could support the Liebig condenser with a nylon strap from the ceiling or from a vertical stand and that would allow you to collect your product on a table or something like that. I use a folding table to collect product on. If you're concerned that a taller riser would make your boiler unstable over the burner, you could support the top of the riser using a strap from the ceiling, then you'll know it's impossible for it to fall over.
Alzahra888
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Alzahra888 »

Thats a great idea. Will do.
Green, … reading machine