Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Knife_man
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hello

Post by Knife_man »

Hi there , long time lurker here.

I built my first still years ago and got a few (terrible) runs under my belt , recently found said spirits which were squirreled away for aging and that reignited the distilling bug. The whiskey simply labled as "Single malt 55%" turned out ok after 7 years 🤣.

I've finally decided to build a Boka after fighting with my CM still (it worked and was capable of giving me 95% but it was HARD work 🙄)

Mainly interested in pot stilling for whiskey and rum and to be honest as an engineer probably equally interested in hardware/building /improving my stills. Although having the ability to make neutrals (for the missus) will be useful.

When I first started the internet was a different place and I was working with limited resources , cant really beleive the amount of information availible to me at my finger tips now. Not to mention that I can buy pretty much anything I like from any corner of the world ( provided it actually exists of course).
JLP IV
Bootlegger

Re: Hello

Post by JLP IV »

Welcome welcome welcome !!!
A great BIG welcome to the forums.
May you find all the information you'll ever need (with lots of reading of course :D )
Last edited by JLP IV on Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prairiepiss wrote: Good thing we aren't bound by rules. And we can make it however we want. With whatever we want. As long as we don't talk to much about it in the open.
DAD300 wrote: And...ferment more and more often, always have something ready to distill.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Hello

Post by Demy »

Welcome!!