RoninFrog I'm back from there to here !!causing commotion!!!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

RoninFrog
Novice

RoninFrog I'm back from there to here !!causing commotion!!!

Post by RoninFrog »

Only joking.no commotion here. I live by that belief,"undetected unsuspected"hahaha.
I have been absent from the boards for a few years i had the same handle (RoninFrog)but i can't find any old posts. I enjoyed posting of my attempts at recipe development and after i got some knowledge (from these boards)i actually got better and my product was getting better,real better (thank you birdwatcher )and when i got real good (i was producing the lovelyest lemoncello this side of Naples .well that is what my Portuguese friend said and she had actually been to Naples. So there is that,hahagaha.I thought i had discovered fire i was so excited when i had finally got some 2 and half inch copper and fitting for a big ass condenser.it was/is a something like 2 foot 10 inches or in that neighborhood.liebig made with a 2 half inch jacket and a half inch raceway running through the middle. That condenser would knock down a wall of hot vapor.!!but then i started buying those modular components for column stills that got real popular,the mile high,still dragon types that make it easy to add on as you learn. I really enjoy making a good strong distillers beer that is good enough to drink on its own(getting a 50 lb bag of 6 row is like Christmas morning for me). I made some good sipping whiskey,smooth neutral and i also have made some very rough stuff that i just went ahead and made it into hand sanitizer.just saying, although it was pretty good hand sanitizer. I am going to try to post a picture of my current rig.i have also been experimenting with soxhlet extractors and ethanol to get some concentrate of interesting herbs and fruit extracts. I had some neutral (sugar wash with chewable gummy vitamins for nutrients)that went into my soxhlet with blueberries. Dudes!and dudettes !that was super ,i used it as a mouthwash!!it was blueberry mouthwash i can't use minty toothpaste at night because it keeps my awake.so i use baking soda and swish and spit some shine. Thanks for having me back.