New Member- David

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

ReformLabs
Novice

New Member- David

Post by ReformLabs »

Hey everyone, my name is David. I'm 24 years old and I'm from Trinidad (not the one in Colorado, the Trinidad in the Caribbean). I'm not particularly a home-distiller per se but I am someone pursuing a greater knowledge in Chemistry & Physics also probably some Biology along the way but I'm not very keen on Biology.

My main use for well Ethanol is as a solvent in the lab, I'm also interested in making the purest Ethanol I can possibly make. Which I'm having a bit of trouble doing but I guess as things go on, I'll get better at the "Art of Fermentation"

The reason I call it art is that it seems like it isn't an exact science. Anyway, that's probably all I gotta say about myself for the time being. I hope to get to know more expert distillers here~

David.
Oatmeal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New Member- David

Post by Oatmeal »

Welcome! Plenty to learn around here.
Through the magic of alchemy, our spirits live on.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Welcome to the forum David .
I’m a Labbie and we have Lab grade Undenatured Ethanol at work . But It always smells “chemically” compared to the stuff I can make . Stick with the forum and you’ll be making good stuff in no time .
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, many reasons for joining the forum. it’s a great journey!