Introduction

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

MarcusMaximus
Novice

Introduction

Post by MarcusMaximus »

Hello from Alberta, Canada. New to distilling, my wife and I own a wine making store, and have been making wine and beers, so technically been making brandy from the wine kits I suppose. With our store, I have access to lots of different oak- chips and cubes and stick of various toast levels, so I am excited to fool around with some of that.
Hoping to tap into the wealth of knowledge here and catching up on the mandatory reading before I ask any dumb questions. I look forward to getting better and trying out new stuff.
Just started off with little Amazon still to experiment and fool around. Haven't even used the thumper yet.

Thanks for having me.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Introduction

Post by Saltbush Bill »

How do Max , nice to meet ya :wave:
You might like to take a peek at this thread...hopefully what you have isn't one of these.
viewtopic.php?p=7734343#p7734343
If it is ...... and I'm right , then what you have is a still with a "slobber box", not a thumper.
The folk who build some of those cheaper stills don't know shit bout stillin or stills.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome neighbor. Lots of great info here.
🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Dougmatt
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Dougmatt »

Welcome and good luck. I have an Amazon still (not the one SBB posted) and very much like it to the point I am about to buy a larger and more modular version from them. Let us know which one you have.
I just read an article about the dangers of drinking that scared the crap out of me.

That’s it. No more reading!
Rrmuf
Rumrunner

Post by Rrmuf »

Welcome from Ontario!
-- Rrmuf