Brand New to Distilling

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

stevemcd1
Novice

Brand New to Distilling

Post by stevemcd1 »

Hi All
Brewed beer and wine many years ago, but brand new to distilling. Looking forward to reading, learning and contributing where I can.
Purchased a T500 started pack and managed to get a first run done of the included turbo sugar wash and managed a decent clean result :-)
Steve
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Brand New to Distilling

Post by Deplorable »

Welcome. If you think the product was good with the Turbo, just wait until you try a properly treated ferment intended for drinking, and not fuel. There are a lot of really good recipes here, and some good tips on how to make the most of that T500. Have a look around and enjoy the reading. There's a lot here to take in.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome to the club Steve. 🍻
+1 to Deplorable. These walls are filled with valuable information.
Read,read,read.
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

hello and welcome. I am new to distilling and have no idea of all the stills that are out there. I looked up the one yo have. looks like a giant coffee pot! It's awesome.
worldsbestdistiller
Novice

Post by worldsbestdistiller »

Welcome to the forum and the T500 world.
Add a 450mm spool packed with SPP packing, split the cooling to the 2 condensers and learn to drive it with cuts and you'll get 96-97 pcent out of it easily.