Think your job is routine?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Think your job is routine?

Post by Twisted Brick »

This is a great video if you like snow, trucks, dogs, problem-solving and determination. Watch with headphones if you can.

“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
howie
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Think your job is routine?

Post by howie »

i saw an Icelandic video over 10 years ago doing this.
only used it once when our 4wd group were very remote and we couldn't set the bead using our normal methods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abH9__WKMhc
"what can go wrong" i said, as i handed the matches to the MIL
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

OMG TOO FUNNY Lmao. I just changed a tire on my tractor in the Bush last summer. I drove my 1 ton truck on the tire and still couldn't pop that bead. I also used a sawzall to cut the rubber went smooth till I got to the steel belts at edge of rim,had a bitch of a time,this guy made it look alot easier. Visegrip great idea to keep tire from slipping off👍
Great vid
By the way I didn't do that crazy reinflation technique :wtf:
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Bradster68 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:52 am OMG TOO FUNNY Lmao. I just changed a tire on my tractor in the Bush last summer. I drove my 1 ton truck on the tire and still couldn't pop that bead. I also used a sawzall to cut the rubber went smooth till I got to the steel belts at edge of rim,had a bitch of a time,this guy made it look alot easier. Visegrip great idea to keep tire from slipping off👍
Great vid
By the way I didn't do that crazy reinflation technique :wtf:
I've never seen that 'instant compressor dump' technique before. Looks urgently effective.

Here's the companion video to this where they're towing that same roller down a semi-icy road and it just kinda 'goes sideways' and starts slipping down a slope and pulling the tractor with it. The system of removal pulleys, on the fly, is admirable. These guys are great!

“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Tractor guys got a load in his pants I bet :shock:. These guys definitely got their act together.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Twisted Brick wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:00 pm I've never seen that 'instant compressor dump' technique before. Looks urgently effective.
Common practice here in Au..... used on large tubeless truck tyres.......The prime mover / semi type truck tires.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0557/ ... 1658111817
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Me thinking Fuck that shit and pay some bugger that knows what they are doing sort that shit out :crazy:

Way above my pay scale……. and ability :oops:
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:54 am
Twisted Brick wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:00 pm I've never seen that 'instant compressor dump' technique before. Looks urgently effective.
Common practice here in Au..... used on large tubeless truck tyres.......The prime mover / semi type truck tires.
That's the one! Its crazy what some guys come up with to make their jobs easier.

Yummyrum wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:55 am Me thinking Fuck that shit and pay some bugger that knows what they are doing sort that shit out :crazy:

Way above my pay scale……. and ability :oops:
LOL! These are those buggers, and damn if they don't know a ton of shit. Ah, to sit down with a bottle and listen to their crazy-ass stories would be priceless. The dude riding on the roller being towed woulda got pancaked if it caught an edge and suddenly rolled over.

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:54 am
I like the flammable sprayed inside then lite on fire. Imma not gonna do it but I like it :clap: