Blueberry Pie Moonshine

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Blueberry Pie Moonshine

Post by sadie33 »

I made my first batch of moonshine the other day and decided to turn it into blueberry pie moonshine. A couple people asked me for the recipe. This is my own recipe and I'm sure I will change it in time ( I don't think anyone gets it right the first time) :wink: Please keep in mind I have NEVER done anything like this-I just copied my blueberry pie recipe a bit,

This is what I did:
4 cups frozen blueberries
4 cups moonshine (mine was 78%)
about 4 cups of water for dilution
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons peach snaps
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I make my own with rum)

1. I thawed my blue berries in the microwave.
2. Put thawed blue berries in a pot on the stove and muddle them.
3. Add sugars and bring to a simmer, stirring often
4. Add spices
5. Simmer 1 minute
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peach snaps
7. Let cool a bit and add moonshine
8. Add water to dilute to your liking
9. I stir it every day and tasted to see if flavor got stronger
10. I noticed improvement until day 4 then didn't notice any change.
11. I also ended up adding about an ounce of some of my moonshine I had sitting on whole spices (1 cinnamon stick, 6 whole cloves, 4 whole all spice) in a pint jar. I added to only 1 jar incase it was too strong and I like it. I liked it better with the spice moonshine added :thumbup:

Here is a picture of my blueberry moonshine and the spiced moonshine I added to one batch and will be adding to the other batch as well.
blueberry moonshine #1.JPG
spiced moonshine.JPG