Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Farmer Baker
Novice

Hello

Post by Farmer Baker »

Hi joined this board to learn not only about home distillation but also fermentation. I am a home brewer of both beer and wine, and I bake breads bagels etc. Especially concerned about safety, but perhaps this will be a nice additional hobby. I also farm and work in a long term care home. Married, 2 kids and grandkids! Thanks for letting me join
Wildcats
Distiller

Re: Hello

Post by Wildcats »

Welcome aboard. Check out the Tried and True. Great recipes there. The All Bran recipe makes a great drop. Eazy ferment. Have fun and stay safe.
Farmer Baker
Novice

Post by Farmer Baker »

I will for sure. As well I hope to find some ideas for a home made reflux still. I have the skill set and lots of things like milker pails and left over copper from my time as an HVAC tech and 50 years on the farm!! Budgets matter but I like to build things too. Gotta get back into using bulletin boards...... Was a moderator on a homesteading board years ago, but you forget stuff. Just be nice it'll work out even if I push a wrong button!!
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome FB 🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

hello and welcome!! I also like to bake breads and I live on a small hobby farm. I stopped milking the goats a bit ago, but also enjoyed making cheese, yogurt and ice cream!! This is my newest hobby and I am enjoying very much!
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

Farmer Baker wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:30 am I will for sure. As well I hope to find some ideas for a home made reflux still. I have the skill set and lots of things like milker pails and left over copper from my time as an HVAC tech and 50 years on the farm!! Budgets matter but I like to build things too. Gotta get back into using bulletin boards...... Was a moderator on a homesteading board years ago, but you forget stuff. Just be nice it'll work out even if I push a wrong button!!
Welcome in!
Lots of good solid info on building a reflux still here.
I'd personally recommend a CCVM as that's what I decided to build as a newcomer to the hobby, and have not regretted it at all.
If you build with modular parts you can use the same setup as a pot still for stripping.

A forum Search for CCVM will give you hours of research, but I'd suggest to try reading all of the stuff posted by Kimbodius and Dad300.
Make Booze, not War!