Greetings from Jordanyte

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

jordanyte
Novice

Greetings from Jordanyte

Post by jordanyte »

Hi everyone.

I found my way here while trying to re-create my grandmother's ginger beer. She's long shuffled off this mortal coil, but my memories of her brew are as strong as the bite they had from that spicy backyard grown ginger root.

I am on my second batch, now experimenting with EC-1118 as well as the original bug. So far, the result is promising.

Somewhere down the line I would like to brew my own green ginger wine, and get into home distilling with a compact benchtop still like the ones I've seen on Amazon.

But I know nothing much about any of it, and this seems like the best place to learn about it all.

Regards,
Ben Jordan.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Greetings from Jordanyte

Post by sadie33 »

Hello and welcome! This is a very good place to read and learn. If you can't find what you're looking for, there are several search bars.
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Welcome aboard man. Have fun and stay safe. Check out the Tried and True. A lot of great recipes there. I've never had any Ginger ale or wine. Sounds like you know which direction you want to go in. As far as stills go I'd stay away from the ones you see in Amazon that have the worm sitting rite on top. And no silicone.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome and 🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.