PNW Meet and drink 2023

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: PNW Meet and drink 2023

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Deplorable wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:09 pm
JAMAWG wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:14 pm
Deplorable wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:59 pm So... SWMBO just reminded me that my presence is required in Grant's Pass Oregon the 3rd weekend of June since she will not tow the 5th wheel. (I honestly thought we canceled that trip)
So if anyone is interested in a weekend in August, when she hasn't planned anything for me :wtf: I can get the lodge for a get together.
Just do it! No one meet up will work for everyone. I can't do 3rd weekend in June. Will be fishing in ID. But will join you in August. Folks should still do a 3rd weekend in June meet up.
Okay. I'll reserve a Saturday in August, and see who shows.
I'm good with one meetup in August, I hope that the lodge is good with the type of gathering we are planning.

Stay safe
OVZ
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Oldvine Zin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:42 pm
I'm good with one meetup in August, I hope that the lodge is good with the type of gathering we are planning.

Stay safe
OVZ
As long as its kept casual and nobody gets slobbering drunk, it'll be fine. I told the secretary I needed it for a meeting of "PNW Craft Distillers". :wink:
I'll bring some corn likker, single malt, vodka, and if my HBB is ready I'll pull a bottle of that for feedback as well.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Deplorable wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:38 pm
Oldvine Zin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:42 pm

Stay safe
OVZ
As long as its kept casual and nobody gets slobbering drunk, it'll be fine. I told the secretary I needed it for a meeting of "PNW Craft Distillers". :wink:
I'll bring some corn likker, single malt, vodka, and if my HBB is ready I'll pull a bottle of that for feedback as well.
You'll get no trouble from me. Is that local hotel in walking distance from the lodge?
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Define walking distance. :lol:
Our town is pretty small but its probably 1 to 1.2 miles.
The only thing within "walking distance" as I define it, is the coffee stand in the parking lot.
It is within walking distance of the distillery, the winery, all 3 breweries, and all the local bars but one.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Have fun guys. I’d love to go to one these things. 12 hours is just a bit out of my driving range though. Damn
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Stonecutter wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:21 pm Have fun guys. I’d love to go to one these things. 12 hours is just a bit out of my driving range though. Damn
If I could drive 12 hours to reno in February through the Siskiyous, You can certainly drive 12 hours west in August brother. Hell, plan to stay and make a visit on lodge night. Ever visit a lodge in another jurisdiction yet?
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

I have not been to another jurisdiction. I’m sure it would be enlightening to see the digs there.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Just got the green light from SWMBO :mrgreen:
-Thomas Paine
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Deplorable wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:38 pm
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Have you picked a date in August?
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Waiting to hear back from the secretary for an open weekend, and looking at other options as a backup.
There's always the option of a picnic shelter at a park.

How did you all do this the last time?
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

The two I went to in the Seattle area were held on the loading dock of a member’s place of employment. In the city, but a fairly private location.

We had a meet up in Portland that was a distillery crawl to 4 different places.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

OtisT wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:38 am The two I went to in the Seattle area were held on the loading dock of a member’s place of employment. In the city, but a fairly private location.

We had a meet up in Portland that was a distillery crawl to 4 different places.
Lol, I don't think my employer would go for that at all. But if the lodge doesn't work out a local crawl to the distillery, 3 breweries, and winery can happen. For those that want to stay the night and drive home the next day, there's a hotel, a motel, and an RV park in town.

I'm actually surprised I didn't run into the secretary while I was at the lodge this morning changing the sign on the front of the building.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Deplorable wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:10 pm
OtisT wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:38 am The two I went to in the Seattle area were held on the loading dock of a member’s place of employment. In the city, but a fairly private location.

Lol, I don't think my employer would go for that at all.
Yea I was fortunate to work for a very understanding employer :)

Stay safe
OVZ
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

I have made arrangements for a facility on Saturday August 19th.
Rather than broadcast it on a public forum I will PM those that can make that Saturday work. Send me a PM.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

PM sent, hoping I can attend both events on the same day.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Deplorable wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:07 pm I have made arrangements for a facility on Saturday August 19th.
Great job securing the venue Deplorable. I've always said if a meet-up ever got planned in the PNW, a short flight would be in order.

Would love to tip a few with y'all and sample the wares, but I will be walking my eldest daughter down the aisle on the 18th.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Twisted Brick wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:45 am
Deplorable wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:07 pm I have made arrangements for a facility on Saturday August 19th.
Great job securing the venue Deplorable. I've always said if a meet-up ever got planned in the PNW, a short flight would be in order.

Would love to tip a few with y'all and sample the wares, but I will be walking my eldest daughter down the aisle on the 18th.
Congratulations to you and your daughter on her special day. 🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Congratulations TB!
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Maybe Next time TB. I know this has been a long time in the planning for you and the family.
That was the only Saturday the building didn't have booked in August.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Congratulations Twisted! I’ll be having some drinks in honor of you and yours
-Thomas Paine
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Twisted Brick wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:45 am

Congratulations Twisted I'll be tipping one for you and your extended family.

Stay safe
OVZ
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Thank you, Gentlemen. It promises to be a special day, and as incapacitated as I might be on the 19th, I'll be thinking of youse guys and wishing I was there.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

What a wonderful thing. Congratulations TB.

Deplorable, Thanks for hooking us up with a place to gather. PM on the way.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

If enough of you planning on spending a night before you drive home are interested in the idea, I have a friend who owns an Air B&B in town I can forward the info in a PM.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Bushman wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:57 pm If you want to PM the location of the lodge is it on the wet or dry side of the state? Any interest in a group buy of Panela or grains?
If the price is right on panela, I'd be in for 100 pounds, I reckon along with a few gallons of moly to make some rum.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I believe Oldvine Zin organized the Panela purchase with half of it going to a distillery in Seattle last time.
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DetroitDIY »

Hey PNW folks. I happen to be in your neck of the woods this week (and last). It’s beautiful out here. I’m almost jealous.

DetroitDIY
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

DetroitDIY wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:42 am Hey PNW folks. I happen to be in your neck of the woods this week (and last). It’s beautiful out here. I’m almost jealous.

DetroitDIY
I don't know where you're at, but is pretty damned soggy here.
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DetroitDIY »

Was at San Juan, Monroe, Darrington, and Oso. I didn’t get out much in Monroe, but the other three… beautiful.

I’m back now in my own neighborhood.

Cheers!
DetroitDIY