Cleaning out a shotgun?

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tōtōchtin

Cleaning out a shotgun?

Post by Tōtōchtin »

Hola,
Ok after a year here almost distilling is interrupting my sleep. I had a dream last night building my shotgun. I had just finished soldering it up when I asked myself how am I going to clean this out. That woke me right up. My plans are using a 3" shell and reducers on the ends 1 a 3"-2" and the bottom 3"-1.5". I have always assumed what I read that the fores and heads will self clean the still. Is that a correct assumption or should a order some tri-clamps for at least one side so I could access the tubes inside. Also in this picture you can see I soldered some tangs on my liebig's vapor tube to help cool it off more. Would this work for a small dephlegmator (6") also .
Again I thank you for your time,
Tōtō
Attachments
IMG20230520154049.jpg
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Wildcats
Distiller

Re: Cleaning out a shotgun?

Post by Wildcats »

I would definitely make sure I could remove one end at least for cleaning. You'll be glad you did. I use my gun cleaning kit to clean the inside of my shotgun condenser. Have fun and stay safe.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Cleaning out a shotgun?

Post by Bushman »

I have a shotgun style in both my RC and PC, my PC is twisted down a glass tube (thanks for the help Mashe Rookie). After the original steps used on the forum for cleaning the still I just use water to rinse after each run. My RC shotgun does come out with the PC all as one unit and I can take a hose to it.
viewtopic.php?t=28241