New to Home Distiller

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mechanical110
Novice

New to Home Distiller

Post by Mechanical110 »

I'm a mechanical engineer that retired as a power plant manager a couple of years ago after 35 years in the industry. Before retirement, I began distilling with a 26 gallon 6 plate column still. I've learned a lot from Home Distiller, and I've still made plenty of mistakes, mostly small and none safety related (coming out of the power gen industry, safety is a core value to me). With that said, I really look forward to interacting with you all in the near future.
Bushman
Admin

Re: New to Home Distiller

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to the forum, did you buy or build your still?
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Welcome aboard man. We would love to see a picture of your rig. Have fun and stay safe.
Mechanical110
Novice

Post by Mechanical110 »

Thanks for the welcomes. I bought the 26 gallon still as a complete assembly, but later bought a 13 gallon bain marie boiler, to which I've done a of modifications, including designing an building a tri-clamp mounted mixer. I'm now converting to lava rock column packing. The next time I assemble for a run, I'll post a photo.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Welcome!
Obsessed coonass
Novice

Post by Obsessed coonass »

Welcome to the sight! Im sure your back ground will help you out. Especially in this craft.