Excited to be here, and excited to do my research!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

keyzen
Novice

Excited to be here, and excited to do my research!

Post by keyzen »

Hi Y'all!

I'm Kevin, I'm excited to be here and learn about this amazing art and craft. I've been curious about making alcohol at home and learning how to create such a beautiful product from such simple ingredients. I first became curious about 5 years ago when I was really into sake, and watching how master sake makers made their product simply just from rice grain.

My background is an artist, I've been making resin artisan keycaps for about 4 years so I have some little experience with creating my own equipment. I'm also into brewing coffee, cooking, making cocktails and more!

My favourite types of alcohol are (in no particular order), bourbon, sake, wine, gin, and the occasional beer!

I look forward to interacting with many of you (hopefully make some friends!) and learning more about this craft slowly and through all of the collective knowledge that has been shared in this forum.

Thank you all for your time reading my introduction, I look forward to our interactions!

Cheers,
Kevin.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Excited to be here, and excited to do my research!

Post by Saltbush Bill »

keyzen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:05 am I have some little experience with creating my own equipment. I'm also into brewing coffee, cooking, making cocktails and more!
keyzen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:05 am My favourite types of alcohol are (in no particular order), bourbon, sake, wine, gin, and the occasional beer!
Welcome aboard Kevin, gut feeling from reading the above is that you will be here for a while :thumbup: , many don't make it past one or two posts.
keyzen
Novice

Post by keyzen »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:17 am
keyzen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:05 am I have some little experience with creating my own equipment. I'm also into brewing coffee, cooking, making cocktails and more!
keyzen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:05 am My favourite types of alcohol are (in no particular order), bourbon, sake, wine, gin, and the occasional beer!
Welcome aboard Kevin, gut feeling from reading the above is that you will be here for a while :thumbup: , many don't make it past one or two posts.
I've spent the last few hours reading through the forums and it's all super informative! It reminds me a lot of when I first started making resin artisans, learning that craft required a lot of reading and more reading since it was super niche! Thank you for the welcome!
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

Hello and welcome!! I had to look up resin artisans :lolno: Do you have a still yet or still in research phase? This is a fun hobby; enjoy the ride.