Quarter barrel thumper ?

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Post Reply
Sailman
Rumrunner
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 am

Quarter barrel thumper ?

Post by Sailman »

I might be able to pick this up. Will it will be suitable for a thumper. I would like to put a large fill port in the center and then a two inch going in and a two inch coming out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bolverk
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm
Location: NC

Re: Quarter barrel thumper ?

Post by Bolverk »

Yeah it'll be a good thumper for a 1/2 bbl keg
There are two types of people in this world.
1. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.
Sailman
Rumrunner
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 am

Re: Quarter barrel thumper ?

Post by Sailman »

Well I was supposed to go get it tomorrow but the guy had his location set wrong on the listings. I guess the search will continue.
Bolverk
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm
Location: NC

Re: Quarter barrel thumper ?

Post by Bolverk »

Thats a shame, I love these fat 1/4 kegs, I try to buy them whenever they pop up for sale on fb
There are two types of people in this world.
1. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.
User avatar
acfixer69
Global moderator
Posts: 5298
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:34 pm
Location: CT USA

Re: Quarter barrel thumper ?

Post by acfixer69 »

Half barrel keg work just as well if not better for a thumper.
MooseMan
Master of Distillation
Posts: 3270
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 4:54 am
Location: Wales UK

Re: Quarter barrel thumper ?

Post by MooseMan »

Bolverk wrote: ↑Fri Jul 18, 2025 3:19 pm Thats a shame, I love these fat 1/4 kegs, I try to buy them whenever they pop up for sale on fb
+1
Great for storing low wines too, or even aging!
Make Booze, not War!
Post Reply