Flaming Dr. Pepper
The Flaming Dr. Pepper is a flaming cocktail that tastes like the soft drink Dr Pepper, although it does not contain any.
- 3/4 shot Amaretto Almond liqueur
- 1/4 oz high proof flammable liquor (Everclear, or if unavailable Bacardi 151; this makes the drink ignitable)
- Beer (beer type should be up to the drinker as it is irrelevant to taste)
- Plastic cup (highball glass can be used)
- Shot glass
- Lighter or other flame source
Fill the shot glass about 3/4 of the way with Amaretto and top off with enough of the flammable alcohol so that it will burn. Fill the other glass with beer to slightly above the level of the shot glass. Ignite the Amaretto/151 and let it burn for a bit. Drop into beer to extinguish, and slam.
This drink inspired an episode of the animated television show The Simpsons. The analogous drink on that episode was known at first as the "Flaming Homer," later as the "Flaming Moe" (for the program's bartender).
See also: list of cocktails