New Message Board System

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

New Message Board System

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Here it is! I still have a lot to do as far as setup and adding styles but I much prefer PHPBB to UBBThreads. More features and I believe people will prefer it to the old boards very quickly.

Post by Guest »

Lots of options, will take some time to get the hang of it. I think I like it.
Lets see if anon can post.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Lots of options, will take some time to get the hang of it. I think I like it.
Lets see if anon can post.

:D Yep! :P
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

lots of new options, check the various "styles" also
fish
Novice

Post by fish »

I like this style board of the ones that I post on, it seems to be the most user friendly. Good luck bringing over the posts from the old board.
leglessboot

Post by leglessboot »

mmmm..... I've used this exact board on a couple of my clients sites (I do websites & hosting) and it's ok but .... one of my favourite features on the old board was the 'posts in past 24 hours'. I always went there to see what was new.

I'm fairly certain this board does not have that facility and I'll miss it. I also think that members might find the image posting somewhat alien.
Josesillo
Bootlegger

Post by Josesillo »

can you change the anon name from guest to the regular anon, i got used to it and it sort of makes them feel more obligated to registering
- - - - - - -

--Fishing and Distilling... What else is there to do???.--
MrPlace

Everyone is a Newbie

Post by MrPlace »

lol everyone is starting out as NEWBIES!!!
AkCoyote
Swill Maker

Post by AkCoyote »

The board seems to be faster. Will need to check it out further before I can offer an opinion.

One thing that I would really like to see transfered here are all of the old recipes. There were some really good ones,

AkCoyote :shock:
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

There are pros and cons to any system. This message board does not support threaded message viewing either. The authors of PHPBB consider it a waste of time. PHPBB is free and secure, however, and I like that. UBBThreads can keep their dream of $200/year from me.
bigA

New Boards

Post by bigA »

:P Hey everyone is a newbie now!!! I like it! I do wish I could have read more of the older posts. I think I got thru about 75% of them anyway.

~BigA
Yttrium
Swill Maker

Post by Yttrium »

I like the stats the board gives on the percentage of posts you make as well as your posts per day...
3.45% of total / 1.33 posts per day

Also the new styles are nice....I personally like "Electra". Of course, I've got the image on top with elektra is annoying so I have it ad blocked.
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. --John Conner
Professor Duck
Novice

Re: New Boards

Post by Professor Duck »

bigA wrote:I do wish I could have read more of the older posts. I think I got thru about 75% of them anyway.
You still can. The old forum is still in the same place it always was (for now, anyway).
Image If Leonardo da Vinci had a video camera.

Post by Guest »

Josesillo wrote:can you change the anon name from guest to the regular anon, i got used to it and it sort of makes them feel more obligated to registering
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgers.php

The "snake" is the anon to this board. Enjoy!!