thanks y'all! i'm pretty stoked. the 90* showed up today, so i got to get some more done:
i'm going to do an offset pair of 45's on the bottom of the column to put the balance point over the center..this bitch already weighs 50lbs unloaded! doing quick disconnects for the water in/outs, and soft copper plumbing the water from product condenser to reflux condenser. thinking about a pressure gauge also...know it's not really ever needed, but a good failsafe with a bomb this big. need to do a bolt up brace or two so i can still break it down, but it's a bit more sturdy to move around. with those teflon gaskets and the length of the thing, the leverage makes it slip around silly.
...also...the old "measure twice, cut three times" bit is playing again here. i measured the top of the boiler to the ceiling of my space, then made the whole thing to comfortably fit inside that measurement...totally forgetting that i had ordered a new heat source to allow the bigger boiler and still to operate. it's about 18" higher than the ceiling with the new burner! fuck. i laughed my ass off
when i saw the dude's rig that went through the hole in his ceiling...now i'm trying to figger out how to do the exact same thing! fuck.