link location?

Vapor, Liquid or Cooling Management. Flutes, plates, etc.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Freedave
Swill Maker

link location?

Post by Freedave »

would someone please post a link to a picture of bokakobs elliptical slant plate reflux column. the one that has both plates cut and soldered into the column tube. I've looked at the page or two on the parent site that has a number of his other designs including the one with one plate cut in and the other soldered to the bottom of the condenser. but where is the classic two elliptical plate design?
Good friends, good drink, good food, ...
Three foot bokakob slant plate LM reflux column atop a propane fired half barrel boiler
rad14701
retired

Re: link location?

Post by rad14701 »

You're in the right section right here... Just peruse all topics with Bokakob in the topic title and you'll find plenty of helpful information... Or you can do a site search for "Bokakob" or "dual slant plate"... I just did a site search, which I shouldn't have had to do, and found:

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =17&t=8845

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =17&t=5829

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =17&t=7409

There may be more, but this is a start... If you have specific questions regarding the dual slant plate design just ask and we'll try to help... Good luck...
Freedave
Swill Maker

Post by Freedave »

thanks for the spoon feed rad i was feeling a bit lazy. i also misspoke. i was looking for a drawing rather than a picture. with all the new guys asking about designs i was trying to find a drawing of the dual elliptical slant plate design to direct them too. I've found all the others on the parent site but not the dual slant plate. except i did find the drawing by sinker, but it's just of the local area of the plates. maybe I'll use that.
Three foot bokakob slant plate LM reflux column atop a propane fired half barrel boiler
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

There is also a link in the 'new distillers FAQ' page (sticky) in the novice section. It is a link to the mini, but also link to the how to properly run the mini is located in that forum. A 2" non-mini can easily be built by extending the length of the mini's column.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

No problem, Freedave... I should have those links bookmarked because I end up searching for them a couple times a week, or so it seems...

Perhaps one of our members who has constructed a newer revision would be willing to post a detailed design... We've got a few members here who are better with CAD than I am... My open source drafting programs have some definite limitations... A stickied topic would be of great help to novices, I'm sure...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

I think when I get some time, I will update the new users faq, and start linking to a few more still designs, along with a little more description on what each of the stills are, and why they were chosen to be linked to.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Freedave
Swill Maker

Post by Freedave »

husker,

hope this looks ok. let me know if i need to change something. would you please put it where it should go.

thanks
freedave
Attachments
bokakob column w text.jpg
bokakob column w text.jpg (44.63 KiB) Viewed 9667 times