Cigars - what are you smoking
Moderator: Site Moderator
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Cigars - what are you smoking
I’m blowing some fat smoke rings off a Black Works - Last Rites. It’s not bad but not my favorite.
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
- harold01
- Bootlegger
- Posts: 124
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:24 pm
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
None I gave up years ago
- Bushman
- Admin
- Posts: 18602
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 am
- Location: Pacific Northwest
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I’ve smoked two cigars in my life. The first one as a teenager I had my dads muscle car, I had been drinking and hit a patch of ice on the road. Did a 360 lucky I stayed on the highway but puked my guts out. Fast forward to 30 years later and I smoked a cigar on the balcony of our cruise ship with my wife’s Norwegian cousin. Couldn’t tell you what brand I had.
-
Setsumi
- Distiller
- Posts: 1473
- Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:23 pm
- Location: Central South Africa
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I stopped smoking twice. First about 30 years ago. Then my son started about 10 years ago and I had to teach him. In 2022 end of May it quit again. I so envey you, smoking is an absolute joy.. A good cigar and a fruity pipe. But I am past that, sad... Enjoy!
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
-
Bradster68
- Master of Distillation
- Posts: 2771
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 am
- Location: Canada
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
A cheap "two six three sweet".
Not bad, probably won't buy again though.
Not bad, probably won't buy again though.
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
- Stonecutter
- Distiller
- Posts: 2146
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:40 pm
- Location: Somewhere within the Milkyway
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Don Pepin Garcia Original (Box Pressed) or the Gurkha 15 year cellar reserves
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
-Thomas Paine
- shadylane
- Master of Distillation
- Posts: 12743
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:54 pm
- Location: Hiding In the Boiler room of the Insane asylum
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
No cigar smoker here.
Just zig-zag rolled tobacco cigarettes.
The tobacco blend is kinda like a Solera Aging Process.
The pouch never gets empty, and the blend constantly changes.
Just zig-zag rolled tobacco cigarettes.
The tobacco blend is kinda like a Solera Aging Process.
The pouch never gets empty, and the blend constantly changes.
-
Bradster68
- Master of Distillation
- Posts: 2771
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 am
- Location: Canada
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Looks tastyStonecutter wrote: ↑Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:16 pm Don Pepin Garcia Original (Box Pressed) or the Gurkha 15 year cellar reserves
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
- Yummyrum
- Global moderator
- Posts: 10447
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:23 am
- Location: Fraser Coast QLD Aussie
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Used to smoke , mostly rollies …. After many failed attempts finally quit the Bipda about 18 years ago.
But after a few years , I decided to partake in a Cigar circa Christmas /New year and developed the habit of purchasing a small box of these nasty little fuckers .
They are tiny wee things about the size of a ciggy . …. About 6 in a box . Oh how is the attractive label .
…. Not sure about the rest if the world , but thats how every pack of Tobacco is marketed in Australia these days . …. Sexy …. Attractive …. Well done Anti - Tobbaco Aussie … you won
So , anyway , I do look forward to my time of weakness where I pullout one of these wee stinky things and light it up . There is a moment of intense satisfaction and a puff of enjoyment . Invariably, I end up snuffing it out before I finish it .
I wake up the next morning thinking a Cat has shat in my mouth ……. And the next night look forward to repeating the exercise
WTF
Incidentally , My BIL has one of those Humidores and a collection of cigars that only rich buggers have .
I had to refuse his offer . I really couldn’t waste starting one when I honestly knew I couldn’t finish it ….
But man , do I enjoy sniffing the smells wafting across when he smokes one
But after a few years , I decided to partake in a Cigar circa Christmas /New year and developed the habit of purchasing a small box of these nasty little fuckers .
They are tiny wee things about the size of a ciggy . …. About 6 in a box . Oh how is the attractive label .
So , anyway , I do look forward to my time of weakness where I pullout one of these wee stinky things and light it up . There is a moment of intense satisfaction and a puff of enjoyment . Invariably, I end up snuffing it out before I finish it .
I wake up the next morning thinking a Cat has shat in my mouth ……. And the next night look forward to repeating the exercise
WTF
Incidentally , My BIL has one of those Humidores and a collection of cigars that only rich buggers have .
I had to refuse his offer . I really couldn’t waste starting one when I honestly knew I couldn’t finish it ….
But man , do I enjoy sniffing the smells wafting across when he smokes one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My recommended goto .
https://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.ph ... ion_Theory
https://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.ph ... ion_Theory
- higgins
- Trainee
- Posts: 777
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:16 am
- Location: US Southern Appalachia
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I enjoyed an Oliva Serie O robusto yesterday while I was proofing down some items to take to the SE Meetup.
I usually buy a bundle of fumas (factory smokes) and a sampler of name brands about once a year. That's less than 1 per week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
That’s awesome! I’ve never been into cigarettes but I through and through love tobacco. Definitely more respect for those that roll their own.
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
That one is in my top three. Love it. would buy a box but I appreciate variety too much.higgins wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:59 am I enjoyed an Oliva Serie O robusto yesterday while I was proofing down some items to take to the SE Meetup.
Screenshot 2024-03-23 085738.png
I usually buy a bundle of fumas (factory smokes) and a sampler of name brands about once a year. That's less than 1 per week.
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
- Stonecutter
- Distiller
- Posts: 2146
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:40 pm
- Location: Somewhere within the Milkyway
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
A dram of some American malt, single pot and a few puffs and you’re there Brotha
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
-Thomas Paine
-
Bradster68
- Master of Distillation
- Posts: 2771
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 am
- Location: Canada
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
All ours here in Canada have a nasty pic also, trying to scare people away.Yummyrum wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:18 am Used to smoke , mostly rollies …. After many failed attempts finally quit the Bipda about 18 years ago.
But after a few years , I decided to partake in a Cigar circa Christmas /New year and developed the habit of purchasing a small box of these nasty little fuckers .
IMG_9918.jpeg
They are tiny wee things about the size of a ciggy . …. About 6 in a box . Oh how is the attractive label .…. Not sure about the rest if the world , but thats how every pack of Tobacco is marketed in Australia these days . …. Sexy …. Attractive …. Well done Anti - Tobbaco Aussie … you won
![]()
So , anyway , I do look forward to my time of weakness where I pullout one of these wee stinky things and light it up . There is a moment of intense satisfaction and a puff of enjoyment . Invariably, I end up snuffing it out before I finish it .![]()
I wake up the next morning thinking a Cat has shat in my mouth ……. And the next night look forward to repeating the exercise
WTF
Incidentally , My BIL has one of those Humidores and a collection of cigars that only rich buggers have .
I had to refuse his offer . I really couldn’t waste starting one when I honestly knew I couldn’t finish it ….
But man , do I enjoy sniffing the smells wafting across when he smokes one![]()
Iv never been a habitual smoker,but about once a month or less I partake in a cigar while sipping.
My wife loves the smell,but has yet to join me. In the cigar that is
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
In the states we just have warning labels. Those nasty labels are lame..
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
- Stonecutter
- Distiller
- Posts: 2146
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:40 pm
- Location: Somewhere within the Milkyway
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
My Old Lady will take a puff here and there.
+1 on the labels being lame AF
+1 on the labels being lame AF
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
-Thomas Paine
- SaltyStaves
- Distiller
- Posts: 1117
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:18 pm
- Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Had this for my bday last month.
New Zealand has one of the highest tobacco tax-rates in the world. This stick cost me $62NZ ($37US). A treat for a special occasion, but even the most budget sticks here are prohibitively expensive, so I can't have as many as I'd like to.
New Zealand has one of the highest tobacco tax-rates in the world. This stick cost me $62NZ ($37US). A treat for a special occasion, but even the most budget sticks here are prohibitively expensive, so I can't have as many as I'd like to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I love a good maduro. Sounds like we need to smuggle in some cigars and tobacco over there.SaltyStaves wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:31 pm Had this for my bday last month.
New Zealand has one of the highest tobacco tax-rates in the world. This stick cost me $62NZ ($37US). A treat for a special occasion, but even the most budget sticks here are prohibitively expensive, so I can't have as many as I'd like to.![]()
Perdomo10Maduro.jpg
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Puffing on an Oliva V serie Malanio tonight. Great smoke.
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
-
Stump Lake
- Swill Maker
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:01 am
- Location: State of confusion
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I'm grilling some deer sausage and zucchini, drinking espresso moonshine and smoking Buffalo Trace cigar. I'm not a big cigar smoker but I'm liking the smaller Buffalo Trace cigar. Smooth and slow burner. 
The truth shall set you free. But first it will piss you off.
-
hellbilly007
- Rumrunner
- Posts: 598
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:59 am
- Location: Never one place very long
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Partagas Black Label was always my go to. It's been a long time since I've had a good stogie
- StillDre
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 am
- Location: Europe
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Good to find some connoisseurs here as well. I like a good cigar, which is very subjective, of course.
I tend to look for affordable ones, preferably long fillers, as they generally burn slower. However, I recently tried the Seeds to Smoke series from Rocky Patel, and I really liked them. Very affordable and enjoyable stogies. They give you at least a good half-hour of smoking pleasure.
I don’t consider myself a smoker, and I don’t smoke regularly, but there’s nothing quite like sitting down with some friends and enjoying a stogie over a homemade drink
I tend to look for affordable ones, preferably long fillers, as they generally burn slower. However, I recently tried the Seeds to Smoke series from Rocky Patel, and I really liked them. Very affordable and enjoyable stogies. They give you at least a good half-hour of smoking pleasure.
I don’t consider myself a smoker, and I don’t smoke regularly, but there’s nothing quite like sitting down with some friends and enjoying a stogie over a homemade drink
- Copperhead road
- Distiller
- Posts: 1903
- Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm
- Location: Brisvegas downunder OZ
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Absolutely Stilly, well said. There is nothing better.
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
-
Photoguy-70
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:14 am
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Hi all. Not much of a smoker here. I did enjoy a pipe though. Some short time ago a friend introduced me to a Phillies blunt chocolate cigars ( I know -cheap) that I have been enjoying almost every evening sitting on my patio with a glass of homemade spirits. Weather permitting that is.
- Corn Cracker
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:25 am
- Location: s.e. Texas
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I have a package of backwoods when my vape just ain't vibeing with the whiskey. I need to step up to a real cigar, I've bought 2 real cigars that cost $5 to $10 and both tasted like shit. I'm planting 2 tobacco strains next spring, Virginia gold and Texas Burley to see what it's like without all the chemicals added. Planning on cigars and snuff/chewing tobacco
I think I'll go home and fire up my still, it might not make me feel better but, I bet it will
- StillDre
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 am
- Location: Europe
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Copperhead road wrote: ↑Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:51 pm Absolutely Stilly, well said. There is nothing better.![]()
You don’t need to do anything, brotherCorn Cracker wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2026 8:35 amI need to step up to a real cigar, I've bought 2 real cigars that cost $5 to $10 and both tasted like shit.
Cigars are more often than not a bit of trial and error, if that makes sense. Until you find a particular blend or brand you really like, which helps narrow down the seemingly unlimited supply out there.
Sounds almost like meditation to me!Photoguy-70 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2026 7:54 am I have been enjoying almost every evening sitting on my patio with a glass of homemade spirits. Weather permitting that is.
Although having one every evening would probably take away some of that special feeling for me. A matter of taste I guess.
-
The Booze Pipe
- Trainee
- Posts: 808
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
- Location: PNW
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
I've all but quit moist snuff/chew. I've been smoking more cigars lately. I bought a box of Padron 3000 a year and half ago. They're almost as good as a 1964 Anniversary at near two years old! Also, those Oliva O maduros age very well. After 6-12 months in the humidor they're pretty darn good.
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g jacketed 4" stripping still
12,000watts of fury
- StillDre
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 am
- Location: Europe
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Cheers guys, im celebrating. Have an awesome weekend y’all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- StillDre
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 am
- Location: Europe
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
Cigar - Plasencia Alma fuerte
- StillDre
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 am
- Location: Europe
Re: Cigars - what are you smoking
For some reason I didn’t try Padron yet, I’ll put it on my listThe Booze Pipe wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2026 2:46 pm I've all but quit moist snuff/chew. I've been smoking more cigars lately. I bought a box of Padron 3000 a year and half ago. They're almost as good as a 1964 Anniversary at near two years old! Also, those Oliva O maduros age very well. After 6-12 months in the humidor they're pretty darn good.
Oliva is a great cigar imo.