Shady's Sugar Shine
Shady's Sugar Shine is a simple sugar wash recipe which uses boiled yeast and a slew of additives as nutrients for the yeast. The aim of the recipe is to keep the create a wash suitable for making neutral both on a reflux or double distilled with a pot still.
Don't stress the yeast.
Per 24 Liters (6 gallons) of wash.
- 4.5 kg (10 pounds) of sugar
- 0.4 dl boiled fresh bakers yeast
- 3 crushed multivitamins
- 1 tbsp of DAP
- 1/3 big pinch of epsom salt
- water to the 24 liter mark
- 1-2 dl crushed oyster shell/coral
- 0.4 dl fresh bakers yeast
- Add 4.5 kg of sugar to the fermenter.
- Bring 1.3 liters of water to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat and add 0.4 dl boiled fresh bakers yeast to the water.
- Add the boiled yeast, 3 crushed multi-vitamins and 1/3 big pinch of epsom salt and 1 tbsp of DAP to the fermenter.
- Top up fermenter to 24 liters with water.
- Don't stress the yeast.
- Add 1-2 dl of crushed oyster shell/coral for pH control.
- Aerate the wash thoroughly then let it settle down for a minute.
- Pitch 0.4 fresh bakers yeast.
- Keep ferment at a steady 30 degrees C/85 degrees F.
This recipe was created by the HomeDistiller forum user Shadylane and posted to the board for feedback and criticism in April of 2018. The thread can be found here.